1 ruthless in competition; "cutthroat competition"; "bowelless readiness to take advantage" [syn: fierce, bowelless]
2 capable of or conducive to bloodshed; "a cutthroat rogue"; "a homicidal rage"; "murderous thugs" [syn: homicidal, murderous] n : someone who murders by cutting the victim's throat
unscrupulous, ruthless or unethical person
- German: Halsabschneider
- Involving the cutting of throats
- Of or relating to a card game where everyone plays for
him or herself rather than playing with a partner.
- He found that playing cutthroat Spades was much more difficult than playing with a partner.
- Ruthlessly competitive, dog-eat-dog
- Law is a cutthroat business, you always have to look out to see who is trying to outdo you.
Cut-throat or Cutthroat may refer to:
- The Cut-Throats, a 1969 film directed by John Hayes
- Cain's Cutthroats, a 1971 western-themed exploitation film
- Cutthroat Island, a 1995 pirate-themed action film
- Cutthroat Alley, a 2003 horror film
- Cut-throat Finch, a species of African estrildid finch
- Cutthroat trout, a species of Pacific trout
- Cutthroat eels, a family of eels
- A murderer
- A highly competitive person or organization
- Cut-throat competition, a competition results in reducing prices
- The Cut-throat Celts, a series of illustrated books published in the United Kingdom by Scholastic.
- Cutthroat (comics)
- Michael Slade's third "Special X" novel, Cutthroat
- Cut Throat City, a region of New Orleans, Louisiana
- Cutthroat Skull, a professional wrester known as Vincent Jerrelle Clark
- Cut Throat Freak Show, a side show performance group founded in the late 1990s by Jeremy and Anna Kinison
- The Cutthroats 9, a band
- Operation: Cut-Throat, Hidden in Plain View's second EP.
- Cut-Throat DDT, a wrestling move
- The pocket billiards (pool) game
- Cut-throat razor, a reusable knife blade used for shaving hair
- Cutthroats (computer game)
- Cutthroat Gap Massacre, a massacre occurred in the spring of 1833 in the Wichita Mountains.
Cain, apache, assassin, assassinator, barbaric, barbarous, bloodletter, bloodshedder, bloodthirsty, bloody, bloody-minded, bravo, brutal, brutish, bucko, bully, bullyboy, burker, butcher, button man, cannibal, cold-blooded, competing, competitive, cruel, deadly, desperado, devil, emulous, eradicator, exacting, excessive, executioner, exorbitant, exterminator, extortionate, extravagant, fancy, feral, ferocious, fierce, garroter, gorilla, gory, gouging, grossly overpriced, gun, gunman, gunsel, gunslinger, hatchet man, head-hunter, hell-raiser, hellcat, hit man, homicidal, homicidal maniac, homicide, immoderate, in competition, in rivalry, inflationary, inhuman, inordinate, killer, lethal, mad dog, man-eater, man-killer, manslayer, massacrer, matador, merciless, murderer, murderous, out of bounds, out of sight, outrageous, overpriced, pesticide, pirate, pitiless, poison, poisoner, preposterous, prohibitive, red-handed, relentless, rival, rivaling, rough, rowdy, ruffian, ruthless, sanguinary, savage, self-destructive, skyrocketing, slaughterer, slaughterous, slayer, spiraling, strangler, suicidal, thug, torpedo, trigger man, truculent, unconscionable, undue, unmerciful, unprincipled, unreasonable, unwarranted, usurious, vicious, violent, vying